Gartner's IT Glossary defines business intelligence as "an umbrella term that includes the applications, infrastructure and tools, and best practices that enable access to and analysis of information to improve and optimize decisions and performance."
In a nutshell, it means technology that gives you access to the data you need to make important decisions about your business, its strategy, its clients, your vendor panel performance, etc.
Where do you get access to such technology? Enter Sapience (or Latin for intelligence) -- only on the Acuity platform.
- Access built-in operational and financial reports
- Easily define your own reports
- Create charts, graphs, and dashboards
- Access real-time information
- Export to Word, Excel, or Adobe PDF
- Schedule reports for automated delivery
- Define rules, calculations, and filters
- Group and manipulate data to draw conclusions
- Create moment-in-time data snapshots
- Define custom data domains
A Picture Dashboard is Worth 1,000 Words
Sometimes charts and graphs help put things into perspective that a list of columnar data just can't. Other times, we need detail to draw effective conclusions.
Sometimes we need a report we can print or distribute via email. Other times, we want to query data realtime, and watch it change dynamically.
If your platform provider still thinks a bar graph is the pinnacle of twenty-first century technology, you need to see how dashboards can be configured and monitored in Sapience. Oh, and it's designed to let everyday users put them together. So give your IT guy the day off and see what your employees can build in Sapience.